Recently I found great Root Method explained on the xperiax10.net site. They talk about how to roor Xperia X10 for newbies if they want to root their android phone for many purpose. Besides using one click root method on your Xperia X10, there are exploid root method for newbies. If you are newbies and would like to root your Xperia X10, this exploid root method is suit to you that you can try. You have to one by one following the steps and it is very easy. However you should carefully while doing this as there will be a problem on your android phone once you encounter problem during rooting
Then how is the exploit root method Xperia X10 for newbies? Herewith the step by step you should follow as mentioned on the xperiax10.net site
1) On your phone Settings –> Applications –> Development –> Make sure ‘USB debugging’ and ‘Stay awake’ are ticked.
2) Make sure that the ‘Quick Settings’ widget is installed somewhere on one of your homescreens. Use the icon to switch the Wi-Fi on.
3) Make sure that either PC Companion or Sony Ericsson Update Service (SEUS) is installed on your PC.
4) Download the Exploid file. Extract the zip file and move the ‘exploid_x10? folder to the C:\ directory.
Apply Root Method
5) Plug the Xperia X10 into the PC. You should see two icons appear in the notification bar (the USB key and hazard key denoting you are in debugging mode). Scroll the notification bar down and connect the USB (DO NOT mount the card).
6) Now go to the PC: Start –> Run –> Type ‘cmd’ and a DOS prompt should appear.
7) Now you will need to enter the following red text into the DOS prompt. The easiest way to do this is copy/paste the text using your mouse. [Note: Ctrl C and Ctrl V will not work here.] I have included the output after each command below to give you an idea of what you should be seeing after each step.
C:\exploid_x10>adb push Superuser.apk /sdcard/Superuser.apk
1213 KB/s (0 bytes in 38823.000s)
C:\exploid_x10>adb push su /sdcard/su
1382 KB/s (0 bytes in 22120.000s)
C:\exploid_x10>adb push exploid /sqlite_stmt_journals/exploid
604 KB/s (0 bytes in 9672.000s)
C:\exploid_x10>adb push busybox /sqlite_stmt_journals/busybox
2016 KB/s (0 bytes in 1709832.000s)
$ cd sqlite_stmt_journals
$ chmod 755 exploid
chmod 755 exploid
$ chmod 755 busybox
chmod 755 busybox
[*] Android local root exploid (C) The Android Exploid Crew
[*] Modified by birdman for the DroidX
[+] Using basedir=/sqlite_stmt_journals, path=/sqlite_stmt_journals/exploid
[+] opening NETLINK_KOBJECT_UEVENT socket
[+] sending add message …
[*] Try to invoke hotplug now, clicking at the wireless
[*] settings, plugin USB key etc.
[*] You succeeded if you find /system/bin/rootshell.
[*] GUI might hang/restart meanwhile so be patient.
8 ) Disable and enable Wi-Fi using the Quick Settings widget on your Xperia X10.
9) The phone has now been rooted. However, you will still need to type the following commands.
./busybox cp /sdcard/Superuser.apk /system/app/
./busybox cp /sdcard/su /system/bin/
./busybox cp busybox /system/bin/
chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
10) You have now exited out of rootshell.
11) You have now exited out of adb shell. Root complete.
Type the following commands:
Look at the display of your Xperia X10. Superuser.apk will ask whether to allow the root permission. Click ‘Allow’. You have confirmed that your phone is indeed rooted.
Install Apps that require Root
Barnacle Wifi Tether - Turns your phone into a wireless hotspot/router.
To get it working: Install from Android Market and launch. Press Settings –> Interfaces –> LAN. Type athwlan0 in the pop-up box.
Titanium Backup - One of the most powerful backup/restore tools on Android.
To get it working: Install from Android Market and launch. Click ‘Problems’ in titanium and let it download the latest version of busybox.
1) Disable USB Debugging mode: Settings –> Applications –> Development –> Untick ‘USB debugging’.
2) Now run the Sony Ericsson Update Service or PC Companion.
3) When prompted connect the phone to the USB cable. Under Software Update, click on Start.
5) Let the software download and reinstall the latest update. Once finished your phone will be unrooted.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- xperia usb debugging (71)
- usb debugging xperia (54)
- usb debugging x10 (53)
- xperia x10 usb debugging (52)
- usb debugging Xperia X10 (52)
- x10 usb debugging (48)
- enable usb debugging x10 (37)
- sqlite_stmt_journals (35)
- x10 usb debugging mode (31)
- enable usb debugging xperia x10 (30)